Your organization needs to establish processes to identify and communicate the hazards and to evaluate and control the OH&S risks, (see also Risk Analysis arising from the:
- Contractors’ activities and operations to the organization’s workers
- Organization’s activities and operations to the contractors’ workers
- Contractors’ activities and operations to other interested parties in the workplace
- Contractors’ activities and operations to contractors’ workers
Processes are required to be established and maintained to ensure that the requirements of the OH&S management system are met by contractors and their workers. These processes include the OH&S criteria for selection of contractors.
Verification that contractors are capable of performing their tasks before being allowed to proceed with their work is required by verifying that:
- OH&S performance records are satisfactory
- Qualification, experience and competence criteria for workers are specified
- Training and other worker requirements were undertaken
- Resources, equipment, and work preparations are adequate and ready for the work to proceed
To facilitate contractor communication & participation, a contractor communication checklist that can be customized for your workplace is provided. For more information, (see Contractor Checklist).
- As a potential contractor and provider of services in our company facilities, please review the checklist items outlined below in preparation for the completion of the checklist.
- As an acceptable contractor, the checklist items will have to be completed with you the contractor and the company representative, prior to starting your work.
- We appreciate your cooperation and participation in keeping our workplace safe and healthy.
Contractor Name: ___________________________________ Date: __________
Company Representative: __________________ Signature: _________________
Reference P.O. / Contract Number: _______ Name of project: ________________
Project start date: _________ Anticipated completion date: __________________
Continued in content Page-L-7