You have the OHSAS-2007 version in place and now have the objective of upgrading the system to the ISO-2018 version. The good news is that since you are familiar with formal management systems, this initiative will be relatively straightforward.
The detailed instructions focus on the areas of the documentation required for ISO 45001:2018.
- The clauses in bold numbers in the left-hand column have key changes from 2007 to 2018.
- The intent of the main clauses is shown in blue font,
- The text in italics in the 2nd right hand column indicates where requirements were included in previous OHSAS 18001:2007.
- Use a copy of the ISO 45001:2018 standard along with this instruction to pinpoint for your organization the areas that need attention.
- Make notes and add comments in the space available to the right and the left of the column for reference documentation.
- Use the upgrade checklist section on the right side of the table to assign the responsibility for the upgrade and to follow up on its completion.
- Throughout the 18-page checklist, reference is made to documented information and the typical procedures and P-xxx numbers that can be found in our complete OH&S documentation package,
We also offer the full certification package including training guides and employee newsletters. See 45001:2018 All-in-One Package for more details.
- Includes Technical Support
- SMS Upgrade Instructions
Which version is right for me?
- Choose ISO 45001:2018 to create a new 45001 Safety Management System.
- Choose OHSAS 18001:2017 to 45001:2018 SMS transition instructions to modify your existing OHSAS 18001 SMS to meet the 45001:2018 requirements.
- Choose ISO 45001:2018 SMS for Existing 14001:2015 EMS to integrate ISO 45001:2018 Safety management system into an existing ISO based environmental management system.
- Choose ISO 45001:2018 SMS for Existing 9001:2015 QMS AND 14001:2015 EMS to integrate ISO 45001:2018 Safety management system into an existing ISO based QMS/EMS