The integration / implementation approach applies for the management systems where requirements are described in the standards:
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems – Requirements
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems – Requirements with Guidance for use.
- ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems – Requirements with guidance for use.
The above Management Systems are compatible with each other and have common requirements that are described in clause 4 through clause 10 and detailed in:
- Clause 4 Context of the organization
- Clause 5 Leadership (and Leadership and worker participation)
- Clause 6 Planning
- Clause 7 Support
- Clause 8 Operation
- Clause 9 Performance evaluation
- Clause 10 Improvement
You have your ISO 9001 QMS and ISO 14001 EMS in place and now have the objective of integrating the ISO 45001 OH&S in one integrated management system. The good news is that since you are familiar with formal management systems, this initiative will be relatively straightforward.
In this template, instructions/ suggestions are outlined in brown text to provide examples of typical upgrades. Manual and other documentation upgrade instructions are included following the last section R of the manual to upgrade QMS-EMS documents, the integrated QMS-EMS-OHS common requirements and the new OHS health and safety requirements of ISO 45001:2018.
In addition, the blue text needs to be revised / replaced with your information, for example, use your company name in the spot indicated as “Your Company”.
Consider the text in brown as ISO 45001 “additions” to the documentation and treat the text in blue as “revisions” or information that is specific to your company.
Text in black italics represents other general instructions for the particular section.
- Includes Technical Support
- One (1) combined Manual for the integrated Management System with minor upgrades to reflect the QMS, the EMS and the OH&S requirements
- A group of (5) new QMS-EMS-OH&S procedures, (3) new OHS-specific procedures, and (3) new OHS-specific work instructions will need to be developed and implemented.
- A group of forms and attachments (17) needed for the procedures and instructions,
- A group of (10) existing procedures with minor updates to reflect the QMS, the EMS and the OH&S requirements, along with (3) existing EMS work instructions documents.
45001 Post EMS/QMS SMS Sample
Which version is right for me?
- Choose ISO 45001:2018 to create a new 45001 Safety Management System.
- Choose OHSAS 18001:2017 to 45001:2018 SMS transition instructions to modify your existing OHSAS 18001 SMS to meet the 45001:2018 requirements.
- Choose ISO 45001:2018 SMS for Existing 14001:2015 EMS to integrate ISO 45001:2018 Safety management system into an existing ISO based environmental management system.
- Choose ISO 45001:2018 SMS for Existing 9001:2015 QMS AND 14001:2015 EMS to integrate ISO 45001:2018 Safety management system into an existing ISO based QMS/EMS
- Choose ISO 45001:2018 SMS for Existing 9001:2015 QMS to integrate ISO 45001:2018 Safety management system into an existing ISO based QMS
|Price Each||ISO 45001:2018 SMS Package||OHSAS 18001:2007 to ISO 45001:2018 SMS Package||ISO 45001 SMS Package (For Existing EMS)||ISO 45001 SMS Package (For Existing QMS+EMS)||ISO 45001 SMS Package (For Existing QMS)|
|ISO 45001 Health & Safety Manual||$97.00|
|OHSAS 18001:2017 to ISO 45001:2018 Health & Safety Manual||$199.00|
|ISO 45001 Procedures and Work Instructions||$300.00||31||13||11||14|
|ISO 45001 Forms and Attachments||$100.00||52||26||20||26|
|ISO 45001 Flow Charts||$75.00||21|
|OHSMS+EMS Integration Instructions||$49.00|
|OHSMS+QMS+EMS Integration Instructions||$49.00|
|OHSMS+QMS Integration Instructions||$49.00|