The auditors are expected to keep in mind that the standard does not require mandatory procedures for the various OH&S processes; however, the auditors will expect documented information to be available because in the clauses of the standard, the phrase such as ‘documented procedures’ is used to specify that a process, a method, a system, a work instruction, or an arrangement be documented.
The auditors must use a great deal of discretion and therefore must be careful and thoughtful prior to establishing a deficiency against a requirement. Evidence for visible top management leadership, commitment and management action must be looked for.
The bold numbers and tittles used in the first two columns of the checklist indicate the “Requirements” and may be referred to on nonconformity reports prepared by the auditor.
During the assessment of each requirement, auditors record the status of the evaluation by indicating in the right-hand column a Yes – for Acceptable Condition or No – for Deficient Condition
- The OHSMS Internal Audit Package includes:
- A detailed (43) page checklist covering every clause in ISO 45001:2018.
- An Internal Audit Procedure, the Forms, and a PowerPoint presentation.
- P-920, Internal Audit Procedure,
- Internal Audit Forms
- F-920-001, Procedure by Work Area,
- F-920-002, Audit Checklist.
- F-920-003, Audit Plan,
- F-920-004, Internal Audit Report,
- Guide to ISO 45001:2018 Internal Audit Presentation
- 26-Slide PowerPoint (15 min) outlines the basics of auditing as a foundation
- Types of Audits
- Why Audit?
- Who Can Audit?
- How to perform an Internal Audit
- Includes Technical Support