ISO 45001 Resource Management
The Scope of Resource Management includes:
- Human Resources
- Information and communication
- Facilities / equipment / workplaces
Your organization needs to be asking whether these resources are sufficient to provide safe and healthy workplaces. Auditors will be looking to see if the lack of these resources is at the root cause of nonconformances. You should consider these resources or insufficient resources as a potential cause of nonconformances. As internal audits or your corrective action system identify problems with resources as a root cause, improvements to the resources are necessary. Providing adequate resources is a core element of your OH&S.
In addition to employees being trained for a job, the effectiveness of that training must be measured, the criteria for competence determined. The employee must be aware of the relevance and importance of their activities and how they contribute to the achievement of the health and safety objectives.
- Can you tell an auditor what the competency requirements are for a specific position?
- Are you then able to show the auditor that employees in that position have met those requirements and been effectively trained as required?
Facilities and Equipment
Auditors will evaluate the buildings, workspace, equipment, and supporting services to determine if they contribute to nonconformances.
- Issues would be identified in this area if it is evident that the inadequate provision of resources is at the root cause of OH&S nonconformances.
Many workplace factors have a direct impact on health and safety. Factors such as cleanliness, temperature, ergonomics, or lighting can all affect the health and safety of workers or cause nonconformances.
- Auditors will consider workplace and may determine that inadequate control of the workplace is the root cause of a nonconformance.
ISO 45001 Implementation Resources and Assistance
The 45001 Store is here to help you create an Occupational Health and Safety management system to meet the requirements of ISO 45001.
- Project managers don’t need to do it alone; our documents outline tried and proven Processes to address the requirements of the standard.
- Our experts answer your questions by email as you tailor these processes to your organization, creating your own unique OHSMS.
- We provide the tools you need to train your employees efficiently and effectively.
- Visit our store today to see how we can help you make your project a simple success!