Risk management is a requirement in several clauses of the ISO 45001:2018 standard. It is first mentioned in the Introduction section of the standard and the main requirements tor risk management are later outlined in clause 6.1 – Actions to address risks and opportunities. This clause addresses the risks and opportunities when planning for the Occupational Health and Safety Management system. (OHSMS). However, throughout the standard, the risks associated with the operational processes required for the operations, processes, and activities need to be addressed to meet requirements at an acceptable risk level. Our risk management exercise will take you through the analysis of risks for the product realization steps required for your products. The exercise is intended to provide a simple approach to risk management that can be applied to all types of processes and activities in both office and plant workplaces. Education in risk management is available through training seminars to address your specific situation. With the risk management package, you will:
- See how the initial OH&S reviews play a part in risk analysis.
- See how flow charts play a role in risk analysis.
- Learn how risks can be introduced at the process steps.
- Describe existing and new risks.
- Assess the significance of described risks.
- Determine if a next step in the process will eliminate or reduce the risks.
- Describe the controls that are in place to eliminate or reduce the risks.
- Decide when a process step is at risk, and
- Take corrective action
The risk management package contains:
- 31-page Risk Analysis Exercise (MS Word)
- 32-slide presentation of the risk analysis exercise
- OH&S initial review 4-page worksheet – Office
- OH&S initial review 9-page worksheet – Plant
- Risk and opportunity / Risk analysis 4-page worksheets
- Program planning 2-page worksheet.